The producers of the West 18th Street Fashion Show are now requesting applications for this year’s 12th annual show, Triple Crown Summer. We invite you to show us how you will translate the theme Triple Crown Summer to our runway. Will you go perfectly proper with large hats, southern belles and seersucker suits, or be splattered in mud like a jockey’s goggles? Pick your poison: mint julep or cheap beer. Whether you drape us in roses or make us cry like Tennessee Williams, come ready to play your odds. We have no interest in safe bets.
To apply, submit the following by March 18:
- A minimum of three printed photographs of previous original work.
- A one-page resume.
- A professional, inspired vision of your collection including five sketches, text and images which explain and illustrate how your designs will interpret this year’s title and theme.
- Registration Fee: $30 (cash or check made payable to “18th St. Fashion Show”).
Application materials may not exceed 12” X 15” in size.
Please mail or hand-deliver your application packet to:
Call for Artists
West Eighteenth Street Fashion Show
116 W. 18th Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
To deliver your application after hours, place it in the drop box. Submissions that do not fulfill the standard guidelines listed above will not be reviewed. Please note: No materials will be returned under any circumstance.
The 18 selected designers will be announced at www.westeighteenthstreet.com on Wednesday, March 21st.
Selected designers must be available for the following events:
- Sunday, March 25 – Designers Meeting & Orientation – 4pm-5pm
- Tuesday, May 8 – Designer Party and Collection Review – 6pm-9pm
- Sunday, June 3 – Show Rehearsal – 4pm-7pm
- Saturday, June 9 – Entire Day of the Show